A basic calisthenic program can supplement a basic walking program. The walking program works your heart, lungs, and circulatory system. This calisthenic supplement will benefit your
- tendons, and
After one month of establishing a good fitness base with the walking, you can start this supplemental program. It works most of the muscles of the body. These exercises can all be performed at home.
- Body Squat
- Push Up (whatever variety that suits your strength level)
- Single Leg Lunge
- Knee Ins
- Mt. Climbers
- Forward Bends
- Chair Dips
- Heel Touch (10 to each side)
- Jumping Jacks
- Perform each exercise once for ten repetitions with 15-30 seconds rest between each exercise
- After the first 2-4 weeks, you can add a second rotation of the ten exercises with gradually less rest.
- Properly stretch after the workout
- If you feel any discomfort, stop the exercise immediately